LFA Board Minutes - 2013-01-26
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
|Date:||January 26, 2013|
|Time:||4:00 pm (MDT)|
|Location:||Enid Cox' Home|
Opening Prayer: Lorraine Misener
Those present: Dana Rogers, Enid Cox, Mary Ann Swalberg, Doug Livingston, Lorraine Misener, and Karolyn Hall, who was present via telephone.
Excused: Dennis Davis, Trent Lewis
Chairman’s Business: Dana Rogers
- LFA on Facebook
- Discussion of Mission Statement for Livingston Family Association
- I have an Ancestry.com membership for 6 months, if anyone wants me to look something up (sources for someone on your line, etc.) just email me the information.
- Suggestion to hire a genealogist to see if they can find more on the down lines. My neighbor is good and charges $30.00 an hour. Does anyone have a connection to another person.
Treasures Report: Enid Cox
Enid passed around a paper showing the account balances for the LFA. The account balances were as follows: Savings -
Membership Director Report: Trent Lewis
Newsletter Report: Karolyn Hall
- Newsletter items - timelines for submission
Research Director Report: Doug Livingston/Lorraine Misener
- We should discuss recent developments in DNA testing.
Archive Director Report: Doug Livingston/Lorraine Misener
Yes, you can add that Jeri and I are turning in our papers tonight (Thursday) to go on a full time mission to Cuiaba, Brazil in a few months :) I don't think we'll be here for the Family Reunion. If we are, we'll be at the reunion. We're very excited to be going, though we've heard it's as hot as Phoenix :( I now repent of all the bad comments I've made about the weather in Phoenix where two of our kids live :)
Other than that, I've continued working on Find-A-Grave getting our deceased family linked together. I can even continue with that from Brazil and I plan to. We will be able to keep in touch via e-mail, FaceBook, and cell phone. We've been told that we can get a Vontage cell phone number for $30 per month and it works well in Brazil. We've already talked with the mission president by cell phone and he uses one - with a phone number from St. George, UT.
Reunion Director Report: Daidre Hulick
Closing Prayer: Doug Livingston
|Dana Rogers||Chairman/Membership Director||2013|
|Secretary/Vice Chair||Mary Ann Swalberg||801.262.3192|
|Archive Director||Dennis Davis||626.335.7819|
|Research Director||Douglas Livingston||801.742.0402|
|Research Assistant||Lorraine Misener||801.298.1455|
|Reunion Director||Daidre Hulick||281.389.4764|