LFA Board Minutes - 2008-04-27
Livingston Family Association Board Meeting
Date/Time: April 27, 2008 7:00 PM
Location: Charlene Clark's home
Present: Charlene Clark, Ann Macdonald, Ted Livingston, Stott Cook, Ross Livingston, Blaine Livingston and Enid Cox
Excused: Dana Rogers
Welcome by Charlene Clark.
Invocation by Ted Livingston.
Minutes from the previous meeting held January 13, 2008, were read by Enid Cox and approved by the board without change.
Enid Cox reported current financial condition:
- Savings Account: $3,863.96
- Checking Account: $940.67
- Plus donations received this week: $390 and $95
- Minus Newsletter expense: $200
- TOTAL: $5,089.63
Reunion Planning/Report on Assignments
Friday, June 13
2:00 earliest check in time at campground
7:00 pm campfire, dutch oven desserts
Fireside chat until it is dark enough to show the Mountain of the Lord DVD
- Ann and Ross will each provide one dutch oven dessert, Charlene will provide two.
- Ted will research the Wilford Woodruff journals and be prepared to comment – the movie was based on his journal entries.
- Enid will pick up 5 or 6 DVD’s and have them available for purchase.
- Stott will check on electricity availability and Donley’s generator.
Saturday, June 14
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM breakfast
Consensus of the board is that a hot breakfast would be best. Blaine and his committee of Ted and Dana will plan and purchase materials for a two or three item breakfast for about 75 – 100 people. All will help with the cooking. Blaine will be excused from cooking and cleaning up so he can mingle with the crowd and promote more participation in the descendency chart.
- Enid will send Blaine a check for $120 to purchase needed supplies and materials.
- Ann and Blaine will provide their Camp Chef.
10:00 AM – business meeting, website overview and elections.
Charlene and Enid have about 12 categories to award prizes.
Charlene will conduct elections. Dennis Davis who lives in California expressed interest in being on the board. He could step into the Lynne Herring vacancy and would be a good addition.
- Charlene and Enid will get the prizes for the awards
- Ross will give a website overview if possible
- Ross will arrange for sound system, projector and screen
- Blaine will give descendency report
- Ted and Dana will give ancestry report
If possible a 15-minute board meeting could be held to confirm assignments on the board.
11:00 AM – Caravan to the railroad museum
Stott will be in charge of getting groups together and into the museum.
Blaine reported that he has almost completed adding in the names from the green book. There are now about 6,500 names. Good job, Blaine!
Ancestor Research Report
Ted and Dana have been to the Family History Library again – separately. They are trying to work out a system for collaboration.
Newsletter and Mailing List Report - Postcard
Charlene will prepare a postcard reminder to be mailed and an email to go out before the Memorial Day weekend.
Ross demonstrated website functions.
Next board meeting will of course be at the reunion.
But after that, the next meeting will be October 12, 2008, at Ross Livingston's home.