LFA Board Minutes - 2005-06-18
Livingston Family Association Board Meeting
DATE: Saturday, June 18, 2005
TIME: After the Livingston Family Reunion PLACE: Theater in the Pines, North Fork Provo Canyon
Present: Ted Livingston, Blaine Livingston, Nadine Curtis, Stott Cook, Ann MacDonald, Charlene Clark, Enid Cox, Lynn Herring
Excused: Ross Livingston was excused to go to India!!
Welcome - Ted Livingston
Ted Livingston conducting. Welcome new board member - Lynn Herring, 470 Buckley Ave., Springville, UT 84663, 801-362-4579. Llherring@hotmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank outgoing board member - Janet Feeney for her great service.
Thanks to all those who helped with the reunion, especially Ann and Stott. Thanks to Ross for the great PA System. Suggestion made to purchase one for the organization. Everyone thought that was a good idea. Who is going to check it out?
Motion made and seconded to have future reunions in order of places shown:
- 2006 - Soldier Hollow - Chalet
- 2007 - Birch Creek - Dance Hall
- 2008 - Wheeler Farm
- 2009 - Black Hawk
- 2010 - Cottonwood Canyons
Thank Blaine and Ross for the great descendency chart.
Livingston Patches for sewing on shirts or coats were a great success, thanks Blaine. Suggestion was made to order more. Blaine will take care of that.
Next year Dennis Davis will give powerpoint presentation about Scotland
Ancestor Research Project
Nadine Curtis talked about an ancestor research project:
- Suggested collecting recipes from old pioneers - collect all year - request in newsletter
- Update of book
- Make a calendar with important Livingston dates and pictures for purchase at the reunion.
Future Board Meetings
- October 9, 2005, Ross Livingston’s home, 9752 Pendleton Way. South Jordan, Utah. 801-446-6001
- Jan 2006
- April 2006
All board members will keep their current positions and new board member Lynn Herring will be Vice-chairman.
- Newspaper article deadline - July 15, 2005
- We are going to request stories and artifacts in the newsletter to share at next year's reunion. Dennis will take pictures of any artifacts that are brought.
Financial Report - Enid Cox
June 2005 Reunion Expenses:
- Mailing of newsletter: $447.37, $208.16, 16.80
- Doug Livingston - Lamb 300.00. 125.00.
- Ann MacDonald - dinner 151.93, 200.00
- White Peaks (dancers) 200.00
- Blaine Livingston (badges) 268.39
- Office Max (supplies) 27.69
- Janet Feeney (prizes) 25.00
- Ted Livingston (breakfast) 123.89
Total expenses for reunion $1,896.23
Donations received Jan - June: 2005 $1,758.00
Ross, we didn’t get a bill from you for the PA system.
Stott, we didn’t get a bill from you for the Reunion Site.