LFA Board Minutes - 2005-04-10
Livingston Family Association Board Meeting
DATE: Sunday, April 10, 2005
PLACE: At the home of Enid Cox, 1283 Logan Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
Present: Ted Livingston, Blaine Livingston, Charlene Clark, Stott Cook, Ann MacDonald, Janet Feeney, Enid Cox
Guests: LuJean Livingston, Doug Livingston
Welcome - Ted Livingston
Chairman Ted Livingston made introductions and welcomed everyone.
Prayer - Ted Livingston
Review Minutes - Enid Cox
Enid Cox read the minutes of the January 9, 2005 board meeting - approved.
Financial Report - Enid Cox
Enid Cox gave a brief financial report: Balance in savings account $3,483.63, balance in checking account after last newsletter mailing $1,366.29.
Reunion Report - Ann Macdonald & Stott Cook
Stott Cook and Ann Macdonald led discussion about the upcoming reunion. Stott stated that another newsletter is needed to give directions and specific details of reunion. Doug Livingston volunteered to barbeque a lamb at the reunion site for the Friday night dinner. It was suggested we could get salads and rolls from BYU Catering. All present loved this idea and moved to proceed. It was agreed to charge $5.00 for the dinner for everyone age 5 and above. It will be subsidized by the funds from the dues and savings. Janet Feeney has left over paper products from last year.
The following assignments were made:
- Ted Livingston: Arrange for and pick up all food (except lamb) for the Friday night dinner
- Ann Macdonald: Buy all breakfast stuff and arrange for cooking it (all will help cook)
- Stott Cook: Campfire - Friday night and Saturday
- Enid Cox: Heritage stories for Friday night after the dinner (may be delegated to Stephen and Mindy Livingston for a 30 minute skit)
- Ross Livingston: Bring microphone and speakers - yes there is electricity
- Blaine Livingston: will follow up with Ross on bag pipers and dancers for Saturday (Friday?)
- Dennis Davis: Group and family pictures
- Carol, Lyn, Mary: Children activities for Saturday - assigned by Ann MacDonald
- Blaine Livingston: Descendancy Chart presentation (both Saturday and Friday?) Would like to offer a Livingston Patch as a prize for turning in your genealogy info. Ted will check on a source he knows that could possibly make them. It was also suggested that we make a DVD from the video we have of Bill Livingston to give as an incentive. Ross can you help with this?
- Janet Feeney: Adult activity prizes - oldest, youngest, etc.
- Doug Livingston: Sheep Wagon Display - Friday and Saturday. Bar-b-que “San Pete County” lamb for Friday dinner
- Char Clark: Prepare another newsletter with a reservation slip for people to return with their money for the dinner. Reservations and money should be in by June 1st.
Schedule for Reunion:
- June 17, 2005
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM Dinner
- 7:00 - 8:30 PM Program
- Pipers and Dancers??
- June 18, 2005
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM Breakfast
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM Business Meeting
- Pipers and Dancers?
Lynn Herring was suggested as possible new board member.
It was suggested that we plan a Livingston Family Association Conference - besides the reunion (maybe in January), where we can have genealogy, computer and PAF classes - to be held inside.
Respectfully submitted, Enid Cox