LFA Board Minutes - 2005-01-09
Livingston Family Association Board Meeting
DATE: Sunday, January 9, 2005 7:00 PM
PLACE: At the home of Enid Cox, 1283 Logan Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84105, 801 484-2678
Present: Ted Livingston, Ross Livingston, Blaine Livingston, Ann McDonald, Enid Cox
Excused: Janet Feeney, Charlene Clark, Stott Cook, Nadine Curtis
Welcome - Ted Livingston
Chairman Ted Livingston welcomed everyone and thanked them for coming.
Prayer - Enid Cox
Review Minutes - Enid Cox
Minutes of the meeting held October 10, 2004, were unanimously approved.
Financial Report - Enid Cox
Enid Cox gave a brief financial report. Savings account balance $3,479.97, checking account balance $1,837.46.
Reunion Report - Ann Macdonald
Ann MacDonald discussed reunion plans:
- Reunion will be held at Theater in the Pines, Provo Canyon
- June 17th and 18th, 2005
- Plans for a catered dinner and campfire program on Friday night were discussed.
- Breakfast on Saturday Morning 8:30 - 10:00 Ann and Stott
- Business Meeting - 10:00 AM Ted
- Search for people interested in serving on the board - Ted/Ann (build a list)
- Ted will check out caterers
- Stott will arrange the campfire
- Enid will find some stories or assign participants for Friday night campfire
- Ross will arrange for or do himself the group pictures
- Char will have a newsletter ready for mailing in February
- Blaine and Ted will both check on a bag piper and or dancers
- All - Articles due to Charlene for newsletter by January 23rd
- Janet - Adult Activity and prizes for oldest, traveled furthest, etc
- Ann will delegate (Lynn Herring) - Games for the children
- A five-year reunion plan was discussed with the following places suggested - not in order
- Soldier Hollow
- Birch Creek/Fountain Green Theater
- Wheeler Farm
- Black Hawk
- Heritage State Park
Ann will put together a plan to be presented at the reunion (and voted on???)
Descendancy Project - Blaine Livingston
Blaine discussed the descendant form he has created. It was unanimously approved by those present and will be included in the next newsletter with a request for those receiving it to make copies and get all their family to fill it out. Copies will also be available at the reunion for people to fill out on the spot. (Blaine, can you email the form to Charlene for the newsletter - with instructions)
Newsletter Report - Charlene Clark
Deadline for articles, January 23, 2005 draft by January 30, sent out by Feb 15, 2005. It was decided to send out newsletter in Feb and April or May.
Ancestor Report - Nadine Curtis
Nadine will have an ancestor project to be presented at the reunion.
Ross has created a FANTASTIC web site for the 2005 reunion. More info will be added as it is available. Web address should be included in the newsletter.
Next meeting April 10th at Ross Livingston's. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend. We will be finalizing reunion plans.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM.