LFA Board Minutes - 2004-06-19
Livingston Family Association Board Meeting
Date/Time: June 19, 2004 – Held at 2004 LFA reunion in lieu of July 11
Place: Spruces campground in Big Cottonwood Canyon, SLC, UT
Attending: Janet Feeney, Dwight Epperson, Blaine Livingston, Enid Cox, Charlene Clark, Stott Cook, Ted Livingston, Nadine Curtis, Ross Livingston, Shaunna Wozab
2004 LFA Reunion - Business Meeting minutes
Welcome - Ted Livingston, Chairman
Prayer - Ross Livingston
Thank board members - Ted Livingston
Financial report - Enid Cox, Treasurer
- Beginning Balance - $5,174.96
- Donations (April – June) - $1,365.00
- Expenses through June - $1,063.08
- Balance June 30, 2004 - $5,476.88 (savings and checking combined)
Brief history on Ron Watt
Enid Cox gave a brief history on Ron Watt:
- wrote history of Carbon County
- on the board of Utah Historical Association
- works for LDS Church in historical department
Shaunna Wozab presented awards to family members at the reunion as follows:
- Oldest - Lenore Livingston
- Longest married - Richard & Joyce Davis
- Traveled farthest in Utah - Mary Livingston (St. George)
- Traveled farthest - Lynette Wheeler (Gold Hill, Oregon)
- Came to most recent reunions - Ross Livingston
- Largest family (most here) - David Cook
- Drove up in oldest car - David Cook (1973 Ford Pickup)
- The Cook - Janet Feeney (who did a fabulous job with breakfast and lunch!)
Ted led a discussion to solicit suggestions for the location of the 2005 LFA reunion. Suggestions included:
- Cherry Hill
- St. George
- Birch Creek
- Spanish Fork City Park
- Spring City
Ted Livingston led an election for new board members to fill seats being vacated by Enid Cox, Charlene Clark, and Shaunna Wozab. Nominations were made for:
- Shaunna Wozab (William line)
- Enid Cox (James line)
- Nadine Curtis (Isabella line)
- Charlene Clark (James line)
- Ann McDonald (William line)
Each nominee, if present, gave a brief summary of their history with the association, the family line, and their interest in serving on the board. Dwight Epperson took the floor to recommend Ann Macdonald who was absent. He reported that his family is relocating to Louisiana, and that he felt he should resign his board position. A motion was made by Glenn Cox and seconded that Ann Maconald would fill the rest of Dwight's term (until 2007). The motion passed, leaving the original three board positions to be filled. A private ballot was conducted, with each adult (18 years and older) present being allowed to vote for three nominees. The ballots were counted. Those elected to serve a three year term were Enid Cox, Charlene Clark, and Nadine Curtis.
Ted commented that from time to time, committee member volunteers are needed to help the board. Volunteers included Marlene Ellis, Laurie Storey, Melissa Butts, Shaunna Wozab.
The following announcements were made:
- Charlene Cox made a plea for family members to submit their email addresses for electronic newsletter delivery
- Someone stood to recommend attendance at the sheep dog competition held in conjunction with Swiss days
Blaine Livingston talked about his board role to update the Livingston descendant information. He made a plea to collect updated information and gave an example of family information sheets he put together for his mother’s 90th birthday.
A question was asked about republishing the Archibald Livingston book. Tonya Gilles reported that her brother Ron Livingston is going to reprint the book again. Cost is expected to be around $115. Tonya started a list to collect names to give to Ron.
The business meeting was adjourned.
Ted announced the beginning of the Livingston Family Association Board of Directors board meeting, which was about to begin. Family members were invited, but reminded that they would not be allowed to vote unless they were on the board.
Board Meeting minutes
Minutes from the April 18, 2004 board meeting were approved.
- Shaunna Wozab was asked to give a report on her work on the research plan.
- Ted asked Shaunna to serve on research committee, which she graciously accepted.
- Shaunna called Scotland researchers and got bids from $15 to $150/hr to do research
- She found someone with expertise in Scottish research. He wants to see what we have so he can tell us if he can help us out. Says lots of our miners were non-conformists and he knows how to get around the limitations in parish records. It was decided we should try to get him to October 10 board meeting. Shaunna will find out where he lives and try to schedule him.
Board assignments for upcoming year:
- Chair: Ted Livingston
- Vice Chair: Janet Feeney
- Secretary/Treasurer: Enid Cox
- Newsletter & mailing list: Charlene Clark
- Website: Ross Livingston
- Reunion director: Stott Cook & Ann MacDonald (with Laurie Storey on committee)
- Research director: Nadene (with Shaunna Wozab on committee)
- Descendency director: Blaine Livingston
Newsletters for the upcoming year were discussed. We are planning the following three newsletters:
- one shortly after this reunion
- one in January
- one before 2005 reunion
The upcoming newsletter was planned to include:
- 2004 reunion report by Stott Cook (including picture(s) from Dennis Davis)
- Histories from handouts provided at reunion – Charlene Clark & Enid Cox
- 2005 Board & plea for committee member volunteers – Charlene Clark
- 2005 reunion plans (need to check on worldwide church leadership meeting) – Ted Livingston
It was noted that a future newsletter (perhaps this fall) could include a spotlight of Clive & Maretta Jeffs
Board meeting was adjourned at 11:45.
Next board meeting is scheduled for October 10, 2004 at 7:00 PM
Submitted by ??