LFA Board Minutes - 2003-07-13
Livingston Family Association Board Meeting
Date/Time: July 13, 2003 @ 7:00 PM
Location: 1283 Logan Ave, SLC UT
Attending: Enid Cox, Charlene Clark, Shaunna Wozab, Stott Cook, Ted Livingston, Ross Livingston Absent: Janet Feeney, Dwight Epperson, Blaine Livingston
Reviewed the minutes from 2Q2003 board meeting. Accepted without change.
2003 Reunion wrap-up
Enid said it was the “best reunion we’ve ever had” and “there was a great feeling there.”
Why did people come? Stott says because we were at Birch Creek – back to our roots.
There was some discussion that perhaps we should go back to Birch Creek more often – perhaps every other year. Alternate between the Wasatch Front and Sanpete.
- Several locations were discussed for future reunions, including Spring City, Moroni, and Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- It was decided that we should pursue holding the reunion next year at Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Saturday, June 19, 2004
- It was proposed that we establish a consistent pattern of holding the Livingston Family Reunion on the third weekend in June each year. By being consistent, we will decrease the probability of future conflicts with other family events.
- We would like to pursue having a tour of the granite quarry in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- It would also be interesting to have a tour of the LDS Church’s genealogical storage facility in the mountain vault. Blaine – do you know if this is possible?
- As possible speakers, suggestions were made for Susan Easton Black, a BYU professor who knows a lot about the Livingston family and the quarry, or Ron Watt, a cousin who works for the Church in the history department, and has written Livingston histories in the past.
|Vice Chair||Dwight Epperson|
|Reunion Directors||Stott Cook & Janet Feeney|
|Newsletter Director||Charlene Clark|
|Research Director||Shaunna Wozab|
|Descendant Research||Blaine Livingston|
- 2003 Reunion Report – Enid
- 2004 Reunion – Stott
- History – Donley’s reunion talk
- Living History – Ross (Archibald or Charles line, perhaps Jack Livingston)
- Search for descendents – Blaine?
- Blurb about Ft. Green book – Ross
Deadline: August 12
Complete: end of August
- Charlene – ask Blaine if he wants to include descendant search in the newsletter
- Ross – include board roster in minutes
- Stott – confirm date, location, activity for 2004 reunion
- Ross – update mailing list & send to Charlene
- All – newsletter articles to Charlene by deadline
Next Board Meeting: Sunday, October 12, 2003 @ 7:00pm at Enid’s