If you are new to the Livingston Family Association website, you might be interested in what you can see and learn. The best way to learn what is available it simply to look around! Go to the Main Page and start clicking! Don't worry - you can't mess anything up! From the main page you will find links to our newsletters, the board of directors, past and upcoming reunions, and stories about people, places, and events.
There are some less obvious features of the website, that even seasoned users may not be aware of:
- New Pages - see what's new!
- Updated Pages - keep track of what is changing on the site
- All Pages - browse all articles, sorted alphabetically
- Pictures - look at all the pictures used in articles
- Popular Pages - see what others are looking at
- Search - remember, you can always search using the "Find" box at the upper-left of the screen. Try searching for coal mine for example
- List Users - take a look at who has set up an account to be able to contribute to the wiki
Once you are familiar with the web site, you will want to get the most you can from the site, and more importantly, you will want to contribute!
- Create an account - so you can start contributing!
- Page History - on each page, click on "Page history" at the bottom, to see how the page has evolved. You can view prior versions, or see the difference between any two revisions.
- Edit a page - even if it's just to fix a typo, all edits can help improve the site
- Wanted Pages - take a look at a list of pages that need to be created. Pick one, and get to work!
- Create a page - if you click on a link for a page that doesn't exist, you'll be given the chance to create the page.